Fairy, Tickle, and the Monster


Fairy and I went for a walk to the park this evening. This is my feet, on the swing. We've decided it's going to be our evening ritual; Tickle goes to bed and we go out for a walk, a bit of fresh air, and to get the step count up on our Fitbits (Fairy has managed to snaffle Gran's old one and is now obsessively tracking everything).

As we were walking I asked how she was feeling about things at home at the moment..

"I decided something yesterday." she says. "I've had enough of the Monster."

"OK."

 [For those who don't know, the Monster is the name we have given to Tickle's Trauma.]

"But the quickest way to get rid of the Monster would also get rid of Tickle, and I don't want to do that."

We walked some more. We played at the park. I went on the zip wire, which she thought was hilarious. We walked home the long way; it was about quarter to nine and she brought the subject up again.

"I have had enough of the Monster, but the quickest way to get rid of it would also get rid of Tickle, and I don't want to do that."

"I don't either." I said. "What do you think we should do?"

"I think we should keep trying." she said.

So that's what we'll do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News from Court

Attachment may not be the massive deal we all think it is...

The Key